Senior Community Relations Liaison, New York City Metro
Job Number: JR-008352
Location: Home Office
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
***Seeking candidates in/around New York City who are actively engaged in serving underrepresented populations***Remote/home-office-based!!!***
WGU Employees must apply by Monday, September 13th
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Authentically and professionally project and reflect the mission of WGU
- Gather and assess the needs of prospective organizational partners serving diverse populations
- Deliver informational presentations to potential partner organizations
- Formalize high-value partnerships with organizations serving historically underrepresented populations in higher education to increase the reach and impact of WGU's mission
- Execute a relevant strategic partner organization plan for each partner organization, ensuring partnership launches, nurturing, engagement with at-risk populations, leading to applications to WGU are achieved
- Research, recommend, attend and participate in appropriate professional organization engagements or events to represent WGU and extend the reach of the mission to historically underrepresented populations
- Incorporate consistent utilization of partnership communication that will enhance WGU being top of mind for educational opportunities
- Develop and execute WGU-hosted or collaboratively-hosted events. Includes a) pre-event efforts to secure partner participation; b) marketing the event to appropriate audiences; c) support the day-of activities and d) completion of follow-up tasks
- Strategy development for community outreach initiatives that support local and broader WGU strategic results to enroll and support historically underrepresented individuals
- Demonstrate thoughtful and appropriate time management in extending the vision, strategies and tactics required for effective partner
- Maintain timely, accurate, and thorough documentation of all activities, tasks, contacts and partner organization management through the WGU customer relationship management platform
- Develop, orient and support engaged alumni to represent WGU with partner organizations and other opportunities
- Actively participates in WGU wide strategic planning- organizing, developing work processes, identifying and implementing improvements, and leading organizational impacting projects
- Effectively handle highly complex work initiatives
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
Commitment to social justice - Demonstrates a firm commitment to social justice and a deep knowledge of the plight of populations which have historically been underserved and oppressed
Initiative - Self-directed with a strong bias for action and results; displays keen interest in students and organization
Reliability - Accountable to self and others; does what it takes to get the job done; actions are consistent with words; follows through on commitments; exhibits exceptional integrity
Problem Solving - is able to develop new ideas that will enhance partnership results, is future-oriented and assesses what will help/hinder achieving goals; focuses on what is important
Earns trust - is exceptional and persuasive using communication skills, oral and written, delivers on commitments
Attitude - Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth; self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others; asserts self appropriately to champion ideas; tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner
Adaptability - Manages behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations; tackles obstacles appropriately; is comfortable with ambiguity
Student focus - the ability to keep the student at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Exhibits passion about improving the educational experiences of our students by creating lasting partnerships with employers, community colleges, school districts, and the community
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Community Development, or a related field
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in organizational collaboration with a record of high performance across diverse communities.
- Strong networks are highly desirable.
- Knowledge and use of customer relationship management software and Microsoft Office Suite are highly desirable.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.