Assist the Storeroom Operations Manager to maintain detailed inventory, records and logs verifying the amount and condition of stock items received and issued for Facilities Services operation with a 2,500 item inventory. Receives, stages, and distributes supplies and materials, which total over 17,000 packages annually. Assists in material pick-up and delivery daily.
- Considerable warehouse operations experience; strong knowledge of construction supplies/equipment, specifications, and end use.
- Familiar with standard bookkeeping principles, reconciliation and purchasing procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to perform simple numerical calculations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to safely move and handle at least 50 pounds.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to work with a diverse group of clientele.
- Working knowledge of HokieMart (University Purchasing System) and HokieServ (Facilities Work Order System).
- Experience operating a forklift and/or pallet jack.
September 14th, 2021
Posting will remain active until the position is filled; preference will be given to submissions receivedprior to 09/10/2021.
- Ability to safely move and handle at least 50 lbs.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing/pulling and repetitive motion in the unloading and loading of trucks and stocking and retrieval of stock.
- Occasional sitting while processing paperwork or entering data.
- Must have a criminal background check.
- Must have a driver's license check.
Please see the new requirement for incoming employees with Virginia Tech: COVID-19 vaccines are now required for all employees. Verification of receiving the COVID vaccine will be required as a condition of employment for all new employees.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HRat email@example.com regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.