Posting Number: req6634
Department: Family and Community Medicine
Location: UAHS - Phoenix
Address: Phoenix, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Vocational Specialist is responsible for implementing pre-employment transition services in local schools, as well as collaborating with the local school and adult service agency personnel. The Vocational Specialist also communicates and shares information, while engaging families and students with disabilities. This person will work with educators to develop and provide direct vocational services and individualized supports for students with disabilities. The Vocational Specialist will provide training on job sites, collect data, share resources, and maintain follow-up communication with local sites.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with school, vocational rehabilitation, and adult provider personnel to develop and implement pre-employment transition services in local schools. Provide technical assistance to school personnel.
- Provide direct services and individualized instruction and support for youth ages 14 to 22 primarily in community settings and local businesses. Communicate, share information, and engage families and students with disabilities.
- Collect data and success stories, contribute to informational materials and resource development, and monitor and provide follow-up services at participating sites.
- Participate in project, team, and departmental meetings and keep the project coordinator and project staff informed of local activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $15.38 - $19.96
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Outreach & Community Engage
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Wendy Parent-Johnson | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.