LOCATION: Green Bay Campus
STANDARD HOURS: 40 hours per week. Typical hours Monday - Friday 8:00 am -5:00 pm; One late evening per week. Flexibility required to include other evening and/or weekend hours as necessary.
Advise students and individuals in career preparation activities such as career advising and assessments, resume, and cover letter development, interviewing skills, networking, etc. Develop and promote employer relations with local businesses and industry and communicate opportunities for employment and internships with students and faculty.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Consult with area employers to assess future hiring needs and to assist with recruitment strategies.
- Establish contacts with employers to create experiential learning, internship, and employment opportunities for students. Develop, implement, and monitor internship policies and procedures.
- Plan, promote and facilitate career and employment-related programs and events, such as career planning presentations, work-experience programs, job fairs, and career workshops.
- Instruct individuals in career development techniques such as job search and application strategies, resume writing and interview skills.
- Refer students to degree programs that support their career goals based upon personality, interests, aptitudes, work values or educational assessments.
- Advise customers in establishing attainable career goals; interview clients to obtain information about employment history, educational background, and career goals, and to identify barriers to credential completion and employment.
- Plan, direct, and participate in recruitment and enrollment activities.
- Lead and direct the work of part time staff and students.
- Gather and interpret data to prepare and analyze reports for retention, tracking, and accountability.
- Develop and implement retention strategies to increase student success consistent with College programs.
- Represent the department on internal and external teams supporting the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the college.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Two years related experience.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Microsoft Office Suite and internet usage. Previous experience with career advising and job search resource tools.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the District’s standard insurance policy terms.
- Hold or obtain Career Development Facilitator Certification