The Online BSN Department Chair is a full-time administrative faculty member who reports to the Associate Campus Dean and works closely with the university's academic administrators, staff, admissions department, peers, and faculty. The ideal candidate has a record of strong leadership skills, flexibility, creative problem solving skills and a commitment to advancing the nursing profession. This position is based in Dallas, TX, with occasional travel required.
- Maintain the mission, quality and integrity of the program, reflecting TCSPP standards.
- Coordinate the programmatic accreditation process for the nursing program.
- Recruit and retain a diverse, skilled, innovative group of program faculty.
- Recruit and retain a diverse student body.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the student development and evaluation process for programs with the appropriate personnel.
- Work closely with the university admissions team on enrollment.
- Manage student success and academic progress in the program.
- Structure student clinical and/or practice learning experiences as required.
- Engage in student advising, mentoring, and teaching as required.
- Supervise faculty, department manager, and graduate assistants.
- Manage program assessment and evaluation processes.
- Maintain responsibility for the program budget.
- Build the program course schedule and teaching assignments.
- Collaborate with university personnel on all policies and processes.
- Engage in university committee service and scholarship.
- Some travel may be required.
- Earned doctorate in nursing from a regionally accredited university.
- Active unencumbered RN license in California, Illinois, Texas, or Washington, DC
- Must meet all applicable requirements for Nursing Administration of a School of Nursing as established in California, Illinois, Texas, or Washington, DC Board Rules (State).
- Two to five years teaching, advising, and mentoring in nursing program/s.
- Experience in nursing education, clinical practice, or administration.
- Experience in higher education administration.
- Experience teaching in distance learning/online modalities.
- Experience in faculty/staff development, supervision, and evaluation.
- Experience with outreach and student enrollment development through community/association relationship and networking.
- History of success in managing a diverse group of professionals towards challenging goals.
- Excellent leadership, communication, team-building, and relationship skills.
- Success in a team-oriented environment that emphasizes individual accountability and collaborative teamwork.
- Evidence of compatibility with TCSPP's mission.
- Experience developing distance learning programs for students who are working professionals.
- Record of scholarship and applied research in nursing.
- Experience recruiting, developing, and retaining diverse faculty.
- Experience with program assessment, evaluation, and accreditation.
- Experience with adult learners, part-time students, and diverse learning styles.
- Experience building and executing a strategic plan.
- Experience with programmatic accreditation in nursing (ACEN).
- Significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field.
- Experience with student recruitment and grassroots marketing.
Please describe your teaching philosophy in your Cover Letter
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company:The Chicago School of Professional Psychology