Administrative Support Assistant II, Phoenix Biomedical Campus Facilities & Planning (Phoenix)
Posting Number: req6762
Department: Phx Biomed Campus Fac & Plan
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 550 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
The Phoenix Biomedical Campus Facilities & Planning Department is looking for an Administrative Support Assistant II to provide administrative support for our Office. The incumbent will perform a variety of administrative work including handling all aspects of badging as it relates to access control, printing ID badges, door overrides and physical key management. This position will assist the department with communications such as updates to our website and FM Alerts, monthly newsletters, and maintaining a list of contacts for departments. Responsibilities include performing customer service duties, front desk support, answering & routing calls, scanning documents, data entry, operational support, and other duties as assigned.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including document preparation, scheduling, meeting and event coordination, communications, website updates, record keeping, supply inventory and data entry.
- Create records, reports ,and adds to key and badge databases. Complete audits of both databases to reconcile records and users. Prepare reports for billing purposes.
- Provide guidance and assistance as needed to students, faculty, researchers and other staff on policies, practices and procedures.
- Respond to non-routine inquiries from faculty, staff, students, alumni, public, and outside agencies utilizing knowledge of department and university policies and procedures. Compose replies to complaints or requests for information. Monitor, respond, and complete Work Order Requests.
- Apply functional knowledge to analyze and respond to matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of department policies and procedures, research and interpret a variety of levels of information, and authorize exceptions to policy within defined limits.
- Analyze and resolve difficult problems or provide assistance to others on difficult assignments.
- Coordinate or perform data collection, analysis, reporting, documentation, and other duties to ensure accurate and timely processing or development of required reports.
- Recommend new or revised department policies and procedures, coordinate and implement approved changes in policies and procedures affecting assigned function, and update affected policy/procedure manuals.
- Maintain unit documents such as SOP's, equipment check out log, badge and key databases, etc.
- Coordinate, schedule and track progress of specialized work projects or departmental functions.
- Respond verbally or in writing to inquiries, complaints or problems, and makes necessary adjustments of a non-routine nature.
- Act as primary contact for badging and key desk with outside organizations or other departments, respond to technical administrative questions and ensures necessary follow up.
- Participate in special projects with staff as directed. May serve on campus committees, and assist security with the monitoring of CCTV.
- Assist with campus outreach efforts to new students and employees.
- Assist with specialized or difficult work activities of subordinates or other staff members.
- May supervise, monitor or coordinate the activities of subordinates.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
* Associates degree in a related field of study.* Proven track record of being organized, responsible, and have excellent verbal communication skills.* Demonstrated proficient ability in the use of personal computers and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.* Skill in English composition, grammar, spelling, and punctuation with strong editing abilities.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.91 - $20.16 per hour, Depending on experience
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for CandidatesOffice of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a working environment and interview process in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.