Coordinator, Personnel Affairs
Posting Number: req6758
Department: Medicine Administration
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe College of Medicine-Tucson (COM-T) Administration Office of Personnel Affairs is seeking candidates for the position of Personnel Affairs Coordinator. The Coordinator will process and administer HR functions for approximately 140 employees concerning personnel management, recruitment, benefits and employee training, and may assist with college-level transactions and approvals. The selected candidate will need to possess a high degree of professionalism, integrity, ethics, confidentiality, discretion, initiative, independence, and organization.
The COM Administration Personnel Affairs Office coordinates and provides professional human resources and personnel services for employees in the COM administrative units. The office also reviews assigned job postings, HR transactions and processes for the College of Medicine departments and centers. The office provides support and training to these areas concerning the human resources processing and procedures while working closely with the University of Arizona Division of Human Resources team.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a resource to COM Administration units/departments by providing interpretation and advice on UA HR policies, procedures and best practices to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and EEO laws and regulations.
- Provides guidance, consultation and expertise to units/departments with the creation or changes to position descriptions to ensure alignment within the career architecture.
- Develops effective strategies within units/departments and in compliance with the recruitment administration guidelines to attract and retain talent.
- Provides guidance on new hires, promotions, transfers, merit, and other adjustments to ensure salaries are equitable and in compliance with compensation administration guidelines.
- Creates materials and completes onboarding session for new hires. Ensures new and current employees are educated on benefits. Provides initial benefits overview, direct and inform employees to benefits orientation, open enrollment, or discuss impact to benefits as a result of a job change.
- Prepares, submits, tracks and may approve transactions for new hires, job data changes, terminations, personal information changes, payments requests, I-9s, visa date changes, supplemental compensation and other personnel forms for processing.
- As needed, works collaboratively with COM Administration Finance Office. Attends weekly meetings on issues concerning staff due to budget and funding changes and participate in the annual budget rollover/re-appointment process.
- Creates and drafts HR communications. Contributes to the development of training programs and participate in presentations to management. Keeps all forms and formatting tip sheets up-to-date.
- Attends and represents the COM Administration at various HR meetings or events, as appropriate.
- Advises, reviews and coordinates process for employee leaves of absence requests, including Family Medical and Paid Parental leaves.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
*UA HR/Personnel Affairs experience highly-preferred. *Experience in UA applicant tracking systems. *Exceptional organizational skills. *Self-motivated, willing and able take initiative. *Ability to work both independently and with a team. *Strong communication and computer skills. *Knowledge of and skill in applying the principles, practices and procedures of UA human resources administration in the areas of recruitment, employment, employment visas, employee relations and benefits. *Knowledge of and skill in interpreting and applying state and federal statutes and ABOR, University and department policies and procedures. *Knowledge of automated UA-HR databases. *Knowledge of UA automated payroll processes and procedures. *Skill in problem analysis and resolution. *Ability to effectively communicate. *Knowledge of UAccess systems. *Knowledge of the methods and procedures used in collecting analyzing, interpreting and reporting data.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40+
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Human Resources
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Jerie Schulz | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.