Assistant/Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
The department offers a bachelor's and a master's degree in criminal justice. Candidates who welcome the opportunity to shape the direction of this department and who have an interest in the program Chair position, are encouraged to apply. This tenure-track position entails a 12 hour per semester teaching load for a full-time faculty member with release time and a stipend granted for the Chair position. The ideal candidate is prepared to teach undergraduate and graduate courses and will demonstrate scholarly excellence, values public service and social justice, and has a breadth of knowledge of the U.S. criminal justice system, including current developments and changes in policing and policies. The successful candidate will also demonstrate genuine commitment to the academic achievement and personal development of all students in the program. Delaware Valley University values a commitment to experiential learning and mentoring relationships with students.
All candidates must include with their application official transcripts, a Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, and a Vision Statement about the ideal criminal justice program.
- Ph.D. in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or closely-related field from an accredited institution; an earned doctorate in a related field is acceptable with a history of practice in the criminal justice system and teaching and scholarly activity in the criminal justice field
- Evidence of successful teaching experience at the undergraduate level and/or graduate level
- Experience with online delivery of courses is preferred
- Teach four courses in criminal justice, at various levels within the discipline
- Collaborate with other faculty members to design and implement curricular updates
- Advise students individually and recruit students as needed
- Post and maintain regular office hours
- Serve on faculty committees as assigned or elected
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current in the field
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty meetings, department meetings, and other required meetings
- Assist with departmental needs and development including outcomes assessment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The above job responsibilities are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ongoing commitment to faculty development and scholarship
**Review of materials begins October 1st**
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Selected applicants will be responsible for providing the University with clearances, appropriate to the position, that have been completed within the last 5 years. These clearances include: Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Fingerprints completed by IDENTGO, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History clearance.