Vice President for Business and Finance
Arkansas Baptist College, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, serves roughly 500 students at tis traditional, residential, four campus in Little Rock, Arkansas. Since 1884, Arkansas Baptist College has provided outstanding educational opportunities to individuals in central Arkansas and well beyond our region and state.
The institution offers 15 undergraduate degree programs to prepare students for a successful career after graduation. Arkansas Baptist College's athletics program sponsors 8 NAIA intercollegiate men's and women's varsity sports. The Wrestling program competes in the Sooner Athletic Conference; all other varsity sports programs compete in the Continental Athletic Conference.
The Vice President for Business and Finance\CFO reports directly to the President and advises the president on all financial matters. The Vice President for Business and Finance\CFO is responsible for directing the finance division, treasury and banking functions, risk management, and coordination of all audits.
The Vice President for Business and Finance\CFO has oversight of financial statements, internal controls, and the development of plans to assist management with the restoration of its financial creditability.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writes, implements and trains staff on policies and procedures.
- Prepares and monitors the College's annual budgets.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for submission to President and Board of Trustees including financial statements, budget to actual comparisons with variance analysis and cash flow projections
- Prepares breakeven analysis for purchase decisions; negotiates and prepares information on real estate purchases
- Develops and perpetuates banking relations on investments, cash management and loans; negotiates with developers and directs the completion of legal documents for all construction items
- Provides financial statements, footnotes and audit schedules to assist independent auditor with the financial and A-133 Audit
- Reviews and approves purchase of capital assets and other large expenditures.
- Ensures that the College has an IT department and a functioning disaster recovery plans to protect electronic data and the integrity of the data
- Ensures that all audits, tax returns, and financial reports and other data is submitted to required agencies on a timely basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area plus 8 to 10 years related experience; or CPA plus related experience.
- Knowledge of current financial, accounting, and computer applications
- Three to five years of management experience
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
Application instructions for the Vice President for Business and Finance\CFO are available via the ABC Office of Human Resources Page at Human Resources – Arkansas Baptist College.