The Academic Advisor coordinates academic student services with the Director of Academic Advising to help student achieve their goals and work toward degree completion.
- Advise current and prospective students about curricular requirements related to academic objectives, major/ minor options, and registration procedures.
- Serve as an integral member of the summer and transfer orientation experiences for new students
- Receive and respond to referral reports from faculty regarding class attendance, academic performance issues and other academic and interpersonal challenges.
- Monitor and support students in Fall Success Program, hosting meetings and workshops
- Meet with, counsel and advise students placed on academic warning and develop an academic contract for each of these students.
- Maintain accurate records of student interventions.
- Meet with specific populations of new students in need of academic support.
- Work with faculty to develop ways to better serve students.
- Assist with managing Academic Advising budget.
- Assist students in the absence of their faculty advisor, especially students who are undeclared with a major or are at high academic risk.
- Serve as a member of the Wellness Committee to identify high-risk students and develop appropriate student-centered interventions.
- Work collaboratively with staff from Student Life to develop holistic plans that best address student needs, including needs for students in crisis.
- Advise transfer students
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Master's degree
- Relevant experience in a college setting
- Teaching experience preferred
- Experience with advising students
- Strong understanding of confidentiality and adherence to FERPA regulations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students and faculty
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Jenzabar
- Demonstrated managerial and team building skills
Interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.