Alumni Engagement Associate
The Associate, Alumni Engagement reports to the Director, Alumni Engagement, and administers the day-to-day management of the Alumni Relations team and supports the Office of Advancement in developing the alumni pipeline. This position is the lead for operations on the Alumni Relations team, serves as the first point of contact for many alumni, and helps alumni connect and engage with Chicago Booth.
This position is based in Chicago.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with all members of the Alumni Relations team and serves as the central information hub for the team. Will support team members located in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, and Hong Kong.
- Manages and executes backend event and program administrative tasks including: reviews event information submissions, builds registrations in Cvent, makes webpage updates, drafts and creates communications, manages lists, participates in day of event preparation, and tracks post-event data.
- Creates emails within Marketo, the alumni email system and routes them through required approvals.
- Manages the alumni email inbox, responding to or directing questions to appropriate team member.
- Pulls simple reports from the alumni database and assists in data collection and input processes.
- Serves as point person to the accounting department for event contract processing and payment.
- Maintains the Alumni Relations calendar.
- Some hours on evenings and weekends will be required.
- Contributes to the general advancement of Alumni Relations and alumni engagement at Chicago Booth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum one year of work experience in nonprofit management, advancement, donor relations, stewardship, alumni relations, or similar work preferred.
- Proven commitment to customer service and the ability to anticipate the needs of others required.
- High attention to detail and follow-up, and excellent organizational skills required.
- Strong verbal and writing skills required.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
- Fluency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel (and Excel formulas), and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team setting required.
- Ability to field requests from multiple stakeholders, prioritize, and communicate with manager.
- Independence and the ability to multi-task required.
- An exceptional work ethic and track record of personal initiative required.
- Previous experience with fundraising database or CRM database preferred.
Interested candidates should apply directly to the University of Chicago job board. Only applicants that apply directly to the job board will be considered for the position. If the link does not send you to the job posting please copy and paste into your web browser. Thank you for your interest in The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business!