Big Red Barn Night Manager
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Cornell requires that all faculty and staff members, regardless of their work location, disclose their vaccination status, and provide proof of vaccination if vaccinated, immediately upon hire.
Cornell's Graduate School values student health and well-being as a foundation for academic and life success. Cornell's Big Red Barn Graduate and Professional Student Center (the Barn) is a central place for socializing and relaxing and hosts more than 500 events per year. The Graduate School is looking for a night manager to oversee The Barn business operations, maintain social media, and assist with virtual programming when needed.
The successful candidate will assist with:
- Closing procedures and ensure the building is secure
- Provide oversight of the Barn staff in the absence of Director
- Manage building space: ensure cleanliness and submit maintenance work orders as necessary
- Reconcile cash drawer at end of evening; prepare for following days/weekend operations
- Prepare accounting reports and weekly deposits, and assist with internal billing
- Be the contact for the new register system and train student staff as needed
- Maintain Barn social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) according to Barn and University policies
- Assist with virtual programming when building is closed
- Providing quality customer service to the graduate student community
- Other special projects as assigned
- Excellent customer service and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must exercise good judgment in maintaining building operation.
- Required to be available at the Barn approximately 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm Monday - Thursday and flexible hours on Sunday. The other hours will vary by week based on employee schedule and weekend events.
- Experience with social media and/or marketing preferred.
Please include a cover letter with your resume and attach them together on the application.
Application deadline is September 6, 2021.
Note: This is a part-time, casual position, up to 19 hours per week. The appointment will extend through November 2021 and will not be extended. This position is not eligible for Cornell benefits. Visa Sponsorship and relocation assistance is not available for this position. Current students are not eligible to apply.
University Job Title:Temporary Administrative Assistant
Job Family:Temporary Administration
Level:No Grade - Hourly
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Brenda Joly
Number of Openings:1
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
To learn more about Cornell's non-union staff job titles and pay ranges, see Career Navigator. The final rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
Prior relevant work or industry experience.
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
Unique applicable skills.
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by "dragging and dropping" them into the dropbox or by using the "upload" icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Department of Inclusion and Workforce Diversity at voice (607) 255-3976, fax (607) 255-7481, or email at email@example.com.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.2021-08-30-07:00