Associate Director of Information Technology
The Higher Learning Commission
Job Title: Associate Director of Information Technology?
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a non-profit higher education association, seeks a highly motivated, multi-faceted IT professional to join our high-performing Information Technology team.??
The Associate Director of Information Technology is responsible for coordinating complex technology systems, facilitating development and maintenance of internal- and external-facing applications, and directing IT projects to meet business objectives, operational goals and key business priorities. Working closely with the Director of Information Technology, the Associate Director creates and maintains product roadmaps, integration strategies, internal procedures, documentation, budgets and policies related to critical technology systems. The Associate Director also works with other IT staff, contracted vendors and stakeholders to oversee various applications, systems and projects. The Associate Director of Information Technology facilitates product management and governance, administers project management tools, carries out application testing and quality assurance, provides technical support, and performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree demonstrating the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described is required
- 7–8+ years of software development lifecycle experience and working in complex enterprise environments
- 3–4+ years in product management, leading matrix teams on multi-year software development initiatives
- Familiarity with service-level management concepts (ITIL certification preferred)
- Strong project management background using waterfall, agile, and hybrid methodologies (PMP certification preferred)
- Experience leading and directing in-house and offshore development teams
- Advanced problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills and a demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting
- Ability to work successfully with diverse cross-functional teams in a high-paced environment
- High level of competency with Mac OS X, Windows and Microsoft 365
- Experience with formal Business Process Modeling tools and techniques
- Experience in Salesforce or similar CRM is preferred
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and VM configurations
- Preferred experience with: SQL (SQL Server, MySQL), Email Systems, Linux / Unix, PHP, .Net, Analytics/Business Intelligence, MS Azure, SharePoint, Teams
- Demonstrated college-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated flexibility, dependability and responsibility
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing priorities
- Experience in engaging teams and managing their workflow
Submit resume, three work references and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, please describe how your background and skills align with this position and include your experience on a recent project for which you had a leadership role and how you ensured its successful completion. Electronic submissions in one PDF file are preferred. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please do not call or email to inquire about the position. More information is available at https://www.hlcommission.org/About-HLC/service.html.??
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is the largest accrediting agency in the United States, serving approximately 1,000 member colleges and universities. HLC has approximately 60 employees. HLC offers a rich benefits package: The HLC office is closed the week of Dec. 24–Jan. 1, employer contribution of 10% of base salary to a retirement plan, and 20 vacation days. HLC invests in the ongoing development of IT staff skills and provides ample access to professional development resources. Due to COVID-19, HLC is encouraging remote work for most employees when possible at this time. On a pilot basis, HLC will be implementing a hybrid work environment. During this time, the Associate Director is expected to work on site at the HLC office in the Chicago Loop at least two days per week.