Coordinator, Nursing and Healthcare Training
Department: Continuing Education
Pay Grade: 10 ($47,912 - $64,350)
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for the development, marketing, promotion, and coordination of new and existing non-credit healthcare programs to meet local workplace needs. It reports to the Senior Director, Career and Continuing Professional Education.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Develops, launches, and manages new nursing and/or healthcare programs for skill development and career preparation for nursing and healthcare professions based on industry and technology trends and community needs. Uses data driven analysis, forecasts, and research to identify trends and certification/license requirements to expand educational programming and meet local needs. Meets annual revenue and FTE goals.
· Coordinates and schedules existing career and continuing educational programs for the nursing and/or healthcare community. Responsible for the student advising support, navigation of student issues, and continuing quality improvement initiatives for those courses.
· Recruits, selects, and oversees instructors, provides instructor orientation/training/mentoring/evaluating, and coordinates staffing of programs. Assists in maintaining current instructor and student records in accordance with standards of certifying body and the College
· Prepares documentation for reporting to certifying bodies and/or Maryland Higher Education Commission.
· Acts as a liaison with the Academic College community in parallel career areas to actively pursue cooperative efforts.
· Conducts outreach, sales, and marketing of assigned programs participating in community events. Participates in updating information as changes occur.
· Identifies and develops partnerships with professional associations, business, government, and community organizations to expand educational programming and meet local needs. May participate in joint sales calls with others in the department
· Oversees all the activities as described in current Educational Partnership and Clinical agreements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Three or more years of training program experience as demonstrated on a resume.
· May involve working during evenings or weekends.
· Registered Nurse or holds other healthcare certificate.
· Nursing, healthcare or community college experience or experience in managing/developing training programs for a nursing or healthcare audience is preferred.
The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
· Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
· Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
· Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand, and convey subject matter
· Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
· Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls. Observance of College policies, fire and building safety regulations and observance of traffic laws when/if driving a College vehicle.
This position will be placed on the 12-month Grade 10 college salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package which can be found at: Benefit Guide - Employee 2021 - 2022
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
The College pays one-half of reasonable travel expenses for the first visit and pays the entire cost of travel for the second visit. The College does not pay relocation expenses or offer tenure. However, following a one-year probationary period, year-to-year contracts are provided until three years of satisfactory service are completed, after which time 3-year contracts are provided.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirement), emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Carroll Community College, Human Resources,1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157.
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
· successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
· be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
· be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
· be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
· complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.