Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Cornell requires that all faculty and staff members, regardless of their work location, disclose their vaccination status, and provide proof of vaccination if vaccinated, immediately upon hire.The Cornell University campus is widely admired as one of the world's most beautiful academic settings. The Division of Infrastructure Properties and Planning is committed to providing the highest quality service to faculty, students, staff, alumni and visitors.
With more than 260 major buildings enhancing the magnificent landscape of the Ithaca campus, approximately 1,000 highly talented and dedicated staff serve as steward of the campus resources and operations.
All employees are accountable for supporting the organization's values of truth, respect, excellence, teamwork, and integrity; and supporting inclusive and sustainable practices in carrying out everyday responsibilities.
Facilities Management (FM) provides maintenance, grounds, and custodial services to the entire campus. FM serves as a partner within the zone structure for the Contract Colleges (CC), Endowed (EN), and Student and Campus Life (SCL) zones.
As a key steward of the University's facilities, FM is responsible for facility assessments, skilled trades, general construction, building care, grounds, recycling, asbestos, and the management of planned, corrective, and preventive maintenance.
The Facilities Management (FM) Informatics Analyst uses a data-driven approach to provide facilities related analytical information to FM staff as well as campus partners. This position will guide the continuous improvement of FM operations through business and data analysis, modeling, metrics, interpretation, and recommendations.
What We Need:
The Responsibilities and Essential functions of the Informatics Analyst will be to:
- Collect, analyze, and monitor FM data to inform decision-making, planning, policy formation and evaluation of department's effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain a cycle of routine data-based reports for FM and FCS leadership, collaborating with other offices across the University where necessary.
- Systematize and maintain a large and diverse archive of data files and assist colleagues in varying projects to develop and maintain facilities-related metrics and provide analysis of data
- Design, develop and interpret benchmark and metric reports used to measure financial and operating performance in support of Colleges and Units.
- Articulate root causes of changes in FM metrics.
- Collaborate with leadership to gain broad knowledge of all FM functional areas and systems and understand business objectives to identify and implement business analytics that will inform and/or influence business decisions.
- Participate in the definition of an organized approach to performing business analysis tasks, including the development of defined methodologies, documentation standards, and process mapping.
- Assist in developing training programs in the principles of data-based decision making and data visualization for department management teams.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, or related field with at least 3 years of experience working with large and complex data sets, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with facilities project management and facilities maintenance operations.
- Strong experience in conducting data analysis to validate business processes.
- Strong experience in developing and deploying Cognos Reports for Maximo Solution.
- Working knowledge of Cognos Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Event Studio, Cognos Workspace, and KPI Dashboards.
- Experience in developing BIRT Reports and Adhoc Reports within Maximo.
- Experience with Tableau Software for data analysis and visualization.
- Experience in SQL Database queries development.
- Experience delivering solutions that align with business strategies.
- Ability to adapt to new computing systems.
- Experience working across computing platforms.
- Must appropriately handle confidential data.
- Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Must be service oriented, demonstrate initiative and organizational commitment.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and with a team involved in projects where common goals are a must.
- Master's degree.
- Data Warehouse development and management
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and progressive team in support of a world-class research university that is educating the leaders of tomorrow.
- A broad set of competitive benefits, including educational opportunities, access to on-site wellness programs, health care options, 3 weeks of vacation, 13 holidays, and superior retirement contributions.
- An active and diverse community to work and thrive in! Cornell is situated in picturesque Ithaca, New York, the heart of the Finger Lakes. Ithaca is home to two academic institutions, state parks, waterfalls, gorges, and a wide range of art galleries, theaters, eateries, wineries, and breweries. Ithaca has something to suit all ages and interests! Learn more about living and working in Ithaca.
* Typically lifts less than 10 lbs
* Close concentration
* Limited exposure to hazards
University Job Title:Administrator III
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Candi Quill
Number of Openings:1
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
To learn more about Cornell's non-union staff job titles and pay ranges, see Career Navigator. The final rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
Prior relevant work or industry experience.
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
Unique applicable skills.
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by "dragging and dropping" them into the dropbox or by using the "upload" icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Department of Inclusion and Workforce Diversity at voice (607) 255-3976, fax (607) 255-7481, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.2021-08-28-07:00