Posting Number: req6705
Department: James C Wyant Coll Optical Sci
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe James C. Wyant College of Optical Sciences is growing! We are seeking candidates for another Administrative Support Assistant III to serve as an administrative liaison for academia, research, and service supporting a large group of full-time academic faculty, research professors, and administrative units. Candidates should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, UAccess Financial, Zoom, Doodle Poll, and database management systems. Experience with Latex/MathType or other equation transcription software is a plus! The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative and office operations, administrative research activity, optical equation translation support, basic accounting/budgeting, purchase order and shipment activity, travel coordination, calendaring and event planning. Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment is expected. We are seeking someone with initiative, positive attitude, resourcefulness, sound judgment, and ability to distinguish priorities and work independently or in a group with minimal supervision.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administrative support to numerous full-time academic faculty members (tenure/tenure eligible), their research teams, emeritus faculty, and administrators. Update daily classroom assignment/homework on website and UA D2L; distribute, collect and data enter homework assignments and other misc. reports/spreadsheets. Assist with typing and coordination of manuscripts, formatting of grant proposals and submitting quarterly technical reports, budgets, book chapters, abstracts and journal submissions; type from draft form- text and optical equations for class notes, publications. File, copy, scan, fax, produce mass mail merges as needed.
- Process UA/UAF financial transactions: p-card, purchase requisitions, disbursement vouchers, and several other online forms. Handles packing and shipping activity, resolves problematic shipping/receiving orders (FedEx, UPS, Amazon, etc.)
- Liaise with College Business Office to submit all necessary financial documents to include pcard forms, requisitions, DVs, Internal Billing.
- Coordinate travel activity and complete necessary online transactions for faculty, research staff, graduate students and administrators (travel authorizations, travel advance, and reimbursement reports)
- OSC College Colloquium Lecture Series: Admin Team participates in rotation cycle in a coordination role for 2-4 semesters supporting Chair in managing the administrative functions of the program (extend speaker invitation letters, abstract announcements, lodging & travel arrangements, lecturer itinerary, travel expense reimbursement, marketing, catering, bookkeeping)
- Event planning and coordination of in-house, in-state and out of state functions (workshops, retreats, special presentations) to include, but not limited to arranging logistics, contract arrangements with hotel/university, conference/banquet rooms, catering, manning and setup of registration desk, coordination of speaker presentations, agendas and itineraries, lodging and travel arrangements, create and manage distribution & registration activity and lists, create and circulate announcements and flyers, assembles syllabus/program, pamphlets and other marketing material.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong Organization skills and excellent verbal and written communication is required.
- High degree of professionalism, confidentiality, initiative, organization, attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom Doodle Poll.
- Ability to compose general correspondence.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
Preferred QualificationsThe following list of experience is preferred but not required:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent learning attained through experience.
- Experience with LaTex/MathType or other equation transcription software
- Experience with basic accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Experience with UA Vitae database management.
- Experience with UAccess Financial/Analytics, WordPress/Drupal, D2L.
- Experience with UA administrative office procedures and policies.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Carol Altizer: email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.