Instructional Technology Professional (Oro Valley, AZ)
Posting Number: req6204
Department: Vet Med Administration
Location: Outside of Tucson
Address: 1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737-9525 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona's College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for the position of Instructional Technology Professional. This position provides high quality support to Academic Programs, course instructors, and students for UA-CVM pre-clerkship students in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine professional program. The successful candidates will exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgment working in an environment that is very fast-paced. The successful candidates will have knowledge in using a variety of computer software programs; have a high proficiency and comfort in multi-tasking; possess a strong customer service orientation; and have strong oral and written communication skills. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high capacity to respond to requests in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion. This position will serve as the first point of contact for many students in the college and it is imperative that all are treated with respect and feel welcome.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely and collaboratively with faculty and staff, gathers documents and information and enters it into Elentra (the Learning Management System), and manages editing process for accurate and time sensitive data entry.
- Enters and updates information into relevant databases, ensuring secure backup and informing appropriate audiences.
- Collects, calculates, and manages student grade information.
- Communicates and liaises with course leads, students, and administrators.
- Maintains course protocols, materials, exam questions, and test results. Enters course exams, troubleshoots the electronic exam process, and protects exam security.
- Reserves and sets up classrooms and laboratories.
- Manages technological tools in physical and virtual learning spaces to facilitate classroom instruction.
- Assists faculty and students with IT needs in the classroom and computerizes and imports data files to produce reports. Supports students in the use of classroom technology tools.
- Identifies pedagogically appropriate technologies to improve in-class instruction.
- Assists with training faculty and staff in the use of classroom technologies in virtual and in-person learning environments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $38,892 - $47,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.