Budget Manager - eMajor
Job ID: 229005About Us
Welcome to one of the most dynamic universities in the nation.
Since 1906, UWG has been home to those who are eager to take their own path, learn, and grow. With more than 13,400 students and 85+ programs, we've come a long way since then. Today, we're a regional powerhouse with locations in Carrollton, Douglasville, and Newnan, Georgia, making a difference in the lives of our students, our neighbors, and the world. The one thing that's never changed: Amazing things happen when you Go West.
Becoming is about what we grow to be. UWG is positioning for Success in the 21st Century, introducing Strategic Priorities to help shape a comprehensive blueprint for our university. Relevance, Competitiveness and Placemaking serve as the pillars for the future of the institution. Learn more at https://www.westga.edu/becominguwg/index.php.
UWG Commitment Statement
Dedicating ourselves to the curation of a first-choice university.
UWG eMajor programs are a collaborative partnership with University System of Georgia public institutions to provide quality, affordable, high-demand post-secondary degrees and credentials that address the workplace needs of Georgia and beyond. eMajor programs are ideal not only for traditional students who wish to take advantage of online course delivery, but also for working professionals, military members, transfer students and others seeking alternative routes to degree completion.Job Summary
The eMajor Budget manager will be immediately responsible for tracking and managing the eMajor budgets. This position will focus directly on supporting the fiscal operations of the eMajor programs and affiliates. They will work with other budget/business staff and leadership to establish sustainable business processes to address future growth.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Six months related experience.
- Degree in a business related field.
- 2+ years in a higher education budget related position.
- Understanding of tuition, fees, and exceptions.
- Exceptional understanding of fiscal issues and trends related to higher education.
- Experience with eProcurement and Peoplesoft software.
$45,540 (min) - $58,632 (mid)Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Understanding of budgetary accounting. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in excel. Familiar with Google Workspace. Familiar with invoicing and eSignature software. Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate well with others, especially students. Able to collaborate well with others. Can adjust quickly to new situations; willingness to multi-task in a fast paced environment with attention to details. Ability to analyze, quantify, and present data effectively.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of West Georgia, as determined by the University of West Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the University of West Georgia to follow federal law in regards to affirmative action and equal opportunity. The University of West Georgia's affirmative action program and related policies are developed in compliance with Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, as amended; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Sections 503 & 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II) and their implementing regulations; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as it amends 38 U.S.C. 4212.