Part Time - Programming for Business Analytics - Teaching Assistant
Job Number: REQ_0000016805
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Department of Supply Chain and Information Systems Department is seeking applications for a 20 hour per week Teaching Assistant job for two Programming for Business Analytics courses in Fall 2021. The first course (MIS 497) is an undergraduate course for Management Information Systems (MIS) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) majors. The second course (BAN 832, Programing Skills for Business Analytics) is a graduate level course for students enrolled in the Masters in Business Analytics (M-BAN) program. Both courses will cover foundational programming concepts and data science applications in Python as well as R. This is a part-time job that does not cover tuition.Job Duties
- The Teaching Assistant will be responsible for grading student work, and for holding office hours (can be done virtually).
- On occasion, they may be asked to help with proctoring exams and/or attending class sessions to help students with activities.
- Candidates must have demonstrable programming skills, ideally in Python and R.
- Excel and SQL skills are useful but not required.
- Students who are enrolled in Data Science, Business Analytics, Applied Statistics and related programs, or have completed programming and/or data science courses, as well as students who have relevant work experience are encouraged to apply.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.