Prepare and analyze the college’s financial records including reviewing data and ensuring financial compliance by utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles, company practices, and state and federal law.
Major duties include prepare financial reports, assist with cash management, reconciliation of cash and other balance sheet accounts, prepare journal entries, maintain internal control, and prepare for and assist Controller and CFO with annual audit.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Daily maintenance of general ledger
- Reconcile bank statements and balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Generate ad hoc reports
- Wire/transfer funds as directed by the Controller
- Assist with monitoring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Record the purchases/changes in fixed assets and annual inventory
- Participate in professional development activities/opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting.
Three years directly related experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in financial analysis, reporting, and reconciliations.
- Possess an understanding of fund accounting, general ledger, and accounting functions.
- Possess excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Skills using an accounting software
- Audit preparations
Subject to criminal background check. Resume and cover letter required in addition to application. Salary is $48,752.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINEhttps://employment.nctc.edu/postings/6336