Canton College Foundation, Inc. is looking for a forward thinking, driven individual with strong attention to detail and data management skills to join our dynamic organization. Canton College Foundation was formed in 1973 to support the State University of New York at Canton. Over the past 45 years, the Foundation has grown to over $40M in assets with an annual operating budget of $3M.
The Gift Steward is an in-office position who reports directly to the Director of Financial Operations. This position will work closely with campus constituents, development officers, donors, alumni and friends of the College. The ideal candidate will be very detail-oriented and organized with exceptional customer service and data management skills. Based on knowledge, skills, and ability.
- Process gifts received by the Foundation and provide proper donor acknowledgement in a timely fashion.
- Run mail merge from donor database to provide donor gift receipts / letters.
- Provide donor gift information to Foundation accounting staff for financial statement processing.
- Run monthly reports and work with Foundation accounting staff to reconcile records monthly.
- Provide updated constituent data to Development Staff.
- Assist with events as needed on campus.
- Provide Foundation staff with analytical reports.
- Provide telephone coverage and back-up receptionist coverage when needed
- File information/documents for Alumni/Development Offices. Create and maintain accurate and complete donor/prospect files.
- Always maintain strict confidentiality regarding all aspects of the Advancement Division.
- Associates degree.
- Three to five years of experience in an office, customer service based position.
- Must have experience working in Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Access.
- Valid NYS driver’s license required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in higher education field is a plus.
- Prior experience using Blackbaud or other enterprise data management systems would be very beneficial.
Salary Range: $38,000-$42,000.
Application Deadline: open until filled; application review begins immediately.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
The Canton College Foundation, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to building a culturally diverse staff to meet the needs of our diverse SUNY Canton community and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.