Development & Alumni Relations Associate (DAR Associate)
The Canton College Foundation welcomes applications for a Development & Alumni Relations Associate (DAR Associate) to join a team of well-qualified and energized Advancement professionals to further the Foundation’s dynamic partnerships with faculty, students, staff, alumni, parents, corporations and the community, throughout the North Country and beyond.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the DAR Associate will focus on three main areas of responsibility:
- Staffing the Alumni Association Board to provide support, assistance and stewardship to these leadership volunteers to ensure they have a positive and productive volunteer experience;
- Management and oversight of the Alumni Archives & Reading Room within the Foundation office suite, ensuring that the artifacts and materials in the room are up-to-date and attractively displayed;
- Using iWave and other advancement software and tools to conduct prospect research on donors and prospects on behalf of the Foundation Executive Director and Gift Officers.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, have proven written and oral communication skills as well as solid computer skills, strong follow-through, self-motivation, a sense of initiative, the ability to work collaboratively and strategically with leadership volunteers as well as colleagues, and possess a basic understanding of the principles and practices of a non-profit fundraising organization.
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Excellent oral and written communication and persuasion skills as well as planning, analytic, and problem resolution abilities.
- Driven and self-directed with strong organizational skills, including the ability to set clear priorities and manage time well.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, and work collaboratively with diverse constituencies including students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community partners.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in any position preferably in a non-profit setting or in the field of higher education
- High comfort level with reaching out to and meeting new people, and ability to make strong connections that lead to productive relationships.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating effectively with staff and/or volunteers at various levels of engagement.
- Experience and skill in using various types of software, social media and networking tools.
Application Deadline: open until filled; application review begins immediately.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
The Canton College Foundation, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to building a culturally diverse staff to meet the needs of our diverse SUNY Canton community and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.