This position interacts directly with the university community (staff, students, faculty, and alumni) and must have good communication skills in addition to the required technical abilities. The Network Administrator is responsible for the installation, administration and maintenance of data network infrastructure, servers, domain and directory services. Provides level 2 and 3 support to customers.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Network Administrator
- Cisco/Aruba Data Network Infrastructure
- Install and configure any routers and switches deployed on the internal network.
- Keep infrastructure devices at the latest revision level security and feature sets required.
- Back up configurations of all infrastructure devices.
- Windows Servers
- Order and install servers in datacenter.
- Maintain patches and security levels of servers.
- Install and support server applications
- Back up data and system states of servers
- Manage Hyper-V standalone and clustered environment
- Directory Services
- Manage Microsoft's Active Directory
- Assign group permissions and file systems permissions
- Manage the creation of user accounts, mailboxes and home directories.
- Use Group Policy to manage control of account restrictions and access.
- Data Storage and Backup Systems
- Support and configure virtual SAN environment
- Manage backup jobs and keep a backup tape rotation.
- Access Control
- Diligently document and maintain Access Control Lists for Secure VLAN-based access to network resources.
- Email System
- Administer and maintain the ODU Email and Office 365 System.
- Restrict SMTP relaying to desired systems only.
- Wireless Infrastructure
- Repair, replace, and install wireless access points as needed
- Manage wireless controller
- Provide backup coverage for Helpdesk during peak periods and as needed.
- Be available to provide after-hours emergency problem resolution
- Research and solve complex technical problems with hardware and software.
- Collaborate with IT leadership to ensure adherence to IT standards and policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Five years of experience in a similar IT environment
- Advanced experience with Windows 10, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
- Experience administering software management systems such as SCCM.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing as to work requirements, work in progress, and/ or work completion.
- Must be able to work within a matrix management structure and interact effectively with end users and other service providers to expedite support activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- This position requires professionalism, competence and a positive demeanor in the performance of all duties.
- Strong attention to detail, verbal/written communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work; ability to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members
- Relevant Microsoft and/ or Cisco certification(s)
- Experience administering Office 365
- Experience with scripting tools including VBS, Perl, or Powershell
- Prior experience with Microsoft SCCM 2012 or newer as a systems administrator that includes report and query writing in addition to creating applications / collections and deploying applications in addition to monitoring SCCM client health/server uptime
- Experience working in a higher education or non-profit environment
Additional Information :
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. It is, instead, a description of the essential elements of the position.
Ohio Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the various cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.