Network Administrator, Information Technology Services (7638)
Posting Number: req1282
Working 12 months per year
Finance and Administration
Pocatello - Main
Perform installation, troubleshooting and implementation of Local Area Networking, Wide Area Networking, Wireless Local Area Networking, Voice over IP, Telecommunications Systems, and associated infrastructure on ISU campuses. Plan, organize and supervise the daily activities of student workforce. Oversee and inspect work performed by contractors installing or maintaining network infrastructure on campus. Work with assigned Network Engineer(s) in the design, development and installation of network infrastructures, systems and projects.
- Perform tasks related to the design, installation, maintenance, and integration of transport media and related equipment to include copper and fiber optic plant facilities.
- Train and supervise student, work-study, and subcontractor cable crews. Ensure quality control and documentation of structured cable plant facilities.
- Monitor and maintain network health and operational status using network monitoring applications and logs.
- Operate and maintain network operational and monitoring systems as assigned and in conjunction with assigned Network Engineer. Such systems may include DNS, DHCP, Spunk, Observium, NetDB, Nagios/WUG, among others.
- Provide installation and troubleshooting of ISU physical network infrastructure including but not limited tocopper, fiber-optic and wireless infrastructures.
- Work in a team setting and contribute to operational solutions for the enterprise voice and data network.
- Work directly with ITS Network and Communications customers in resolving customer network issues and concerns in a comprehensive, timely, and effective manner, providing exceptional customer focused support.
- Shared 24x7 on-call and after hours network installation and maintenance activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology field with (1) years minimum full-time hands-on experience OR Technical Degree/Certificate in Telecommunications/Networking, or related field with (3) years minimum full-time hands-on experience OR (6) years full-time hands-on experience.
- Experience in networking and telecommunications concepts, principles, applications, protocols, design, configuration, installation, and system management of routers, switches, network operating systems, servers, VPNs, etc., in a converged LAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP environment.
- Experience in maintenance procedures and equipment analysis, evaluation, testing, and consulting.
- Experience with copper, fiber optics, and wireless infrastructures.
- Experience in packet and protocol analysis.
- Clear understanding of the OSI model with experience working at all layers and associated protocol stacks.
- Cisco CCNA certification.
- Experience in a large corporate, municipality, or educational institution.
- Experience designing, installing, monitoring, configuring, and managing, network servers, applications and storage.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Resume, Cover Letter and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Position will remain open until filled, however, priority consideration will be given to applications received by August 14, 2021. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.