Medical Research Technician
Location: Covington, LA
Performs a variety of laboratory duties involving generation and analysis of DNA markers. May be designated as essential personnel during a storm/natural disaster. If required to work during a closure, employee must provide accurate and current contact information and is responsible for maintaining communication with TNPRC. Failure to report to work when requested by supervisor or manager will result in disciplinary action as outlined by the Staff Handbook.
The TNPRC maintains biosafety level 3 facilities and performs work on diverse infectious agents many of which can cause serious disease in humans if standard operating procedures, including use of appropriate personal protective equipment, are not followed. Depending on agent specific risk assessments individuals may be offered, or in some cases required to have vaccinations against the relevant agents.
If this position is assigned to work in ABSL3 containment areas there will be additional minimum requirements including some or all of the following:
- Must pass a US Department of Justice Security Risk Assessment for access to select biological agents and toxins
- Ability to perform job duties while wearing respiratory protection
- Must participate in drug and alcohol program and be in compliance with TNPRC drug and alcohol policy
- Knowledge of BSL-2 and preferably BSL-3 compliance and standard operating procedures
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel software applications
- Proficient use of common laboratory equipment
- Ability to order reagents, keep laboratory records, prepare laboratory stocks
- Ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines
- Bachelor of Science degree in animal science, biochemistry, biology or genetics
This position is assigned to pay grade T2.23. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that
you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our
Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.