Education Program Associate 3
Job Number: REQ_0000015775
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Pennsylvania State University is seeking a candidate for an Education Program Associate to cultivate external relationships, develop budgets, create, manage, evaluate and deliver educational programs, and plan/coordinate marketing. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Cultivate, develop, and maintain relationships with community organizations, government agencies, and businesses on the local and national level to develop initiatives
- Participate in the development and delivery of programs with academic departments and colleges
- Identify, develop, manage, deliver, and evaluate educational programs and related materials; consult and assess client needs
- Monitor, update and disseminate program and course information; work with academic units to identify appropriate instructors
- Complete the required documentation necessary to support registrations, payments, cancellations, and contract requirements
- Plan and coordinate marketing for educational programs and services
- Maintain up-to-date records of all interactions and related documents in a database
- Evaluate and prioritize internal and external requests
- Develop and manage budgets for programs and services to meet assigned income and program targets
- Prepare and submit various reports
- Assist in gathering and analyzing data, and provide input based on such data as directed
- Analyze program outcomes
- Supervise staff; assist in interviewing, selecting, and training
- May identify and recruit instructional program personnel
- May develop proposals and negotiate contracts
- May identify funding sources and assist in application and administration of grants
This position typically requires a Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The following background checks must be successfully completed for this position:
This position will require the successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.