Research Technologist I (Temporary)
Posting Number: req5973
Department: Aerospace & Mechanical Engr
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Department (AME) is accepting applications for a temporary part time Research Technologist I, under the direct supervision of Dr. Herman Fasel. The Research Technologist will work to complete the fabrication of NACA 643-618 composite wings and integration of hotwire anemometer and pressure sensor array into the 1/3 Scale X-56 research vehicle.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Composites manufacturing and assisting with the planning and design of the experiments. The research test vehicle is composed primarily of molded composite components. Significant effort of this position goes into the fabrication of these parts. This includes composite wet layups, trimming and shaping of carbon fiber parts, fixturing of components for assembly, etc. Once fabrication is complete, the test vehicle must be outfitted with control systems, power supply systems, and data acquisitions in preparation for experiments.
- Conduct experiments with analog and digital data acquisition systems and signal processing.
- Aircraft stability analysis.
- Remaining duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Up to one year of relevant work experience.
- Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Solidworks 3D design and simulation.
- LabView programming.
- XLFR5 simulation software.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 19.5
Job FTE: .49
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: $51,209.60
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Research & Lab
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Human Resources Representative
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.