Marketing Program Coordinator (UPDATED)
Posting Number: req6092
Department: Housing & Residential Life
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Please note: This posting has been updated in its Position Highlights and Rate of Pay sections.
The Marketing Program Coordinator, reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications, is an integral part of the marketing team. This team member will be involved in all aspects of the marketing and public relations efforts for Housing & Residential Life and the Off-Campus Housing unit including social media, video, print, and external outreach. The Coordinator will oversee the traffic flow of projects, manage social media accounts, provide outreach with campus partners, and many other day-to-day marketing tasks. This position will help supervise Marketing student staff and will assist when the Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications is not available. The job requires both working in a team and independently.
Housing & Residential Life (Housing), a self-funded auxiliary housed within Campus Life at the University of Arizona, operates 23 dorms and 1 graduate apartment complex that house over 7,800 students annually on the University of Arizona Main Campus. More than 80% of on-campus residents are first-year students. Our dorms range in style from historic to modern and range in size from 60 to 1000 residents. While the University does not require students to live on campus, more than 70% of all incoming first-year students choose to live in UA housing to help their transition to university life.
Housing & Residential Life plays a critical role in achieving institutional and divisional goals. We are proud of the supportive environment we provide our students, our vibrant academic partnerships and our high-quality facilities.
Our Mission: Helping Students Build a Foundation for Success
Our Core Values:
- Excellence -Excellence is performing at an extraordinary level and exceeding expectations
- Respect - Respect is treating others courteously and professionally in all situations; valuing and honoring diversity in others; being honest, direct, and courteous in all communications and loyal to all, including those not present
- Integrity - Integrity is doing the right thing, being honest with oneself and others, being authentic, and being transparent in intent
- Caring - Caring is being welcoming, kind, compassionate, and willing to help others; showing concern for a person's needs; listening more and talking less
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate flow and progress of all marketing projects
- Assist in managing Housing & Residential Life and Off-Campus Housing websites
- Develop content and manage engagement for Housing & Residential Life social media accounts
- Manage eblast communications
- Help supervise the Marketing and Off-Campus Housing student staff
- Manage, coordinate, and participate in Housing admissions recruitment and orientation
- Participate in budget, expense and revenue planning and management
- Contribute to content ideas and creation
- Compile monthly and quarterly unit reports as needed
- Support video and photo activity as needed
- Contribute to copywriting needs
- Proofread and edit marketing and public relations material
- Assist in planning and organization of campus events, including but not limited to:
o Recruitment events
o Admitted Student Day
o Housing fairs
o Dorm tours
- Support and assist Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications and marketing team
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and "concepting"
- Ensure the consistent brand and identity of Housing under the University of Arizona umbrella
- Be forward thinking, looking for new and innovative ways for the department to market itself and get noticed
- Perform related duties as needed or required to meet University and Housing & Residential Life goals and objectives
- Assist with various departmental activities during the August student Move-In process
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of social media platforms and interactive tools
- Basic website function and coding knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple diverse tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (oral and verbal)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices and principles
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Demonstrated initiative and critical, creative thinking ability
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Driving University vehicles and/or golf carts is required.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinative/program experience; or
- Bachelor's degree AND four years of marketing, communications, or public relations experience or any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $43,559 - $45,600
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.