Kitchen Person Combo
- Cleans and sanitizes physical space and equipment
- Moves product into and out from production as required following HACCP procedures
- Assists with food preparation duties
- Cleans and sanitizes potwashing/dish area, walls, floors and counters
- Fills, empties, operates and performs regular maintenance on pot washing machine or manually washes pots as required
- Monitors and records temperatures and sanitizer concentration in manual wash sink and machines to insure safe operation
- Returns all cleaned equipment and utensils to point of service
- Launders, folds and distributes uniforms, towels, tablecloths and napkins
- Maintains clean and organized laundry area
- Operates washing machines and dryers according to instructions
- Keeps laundry equipment clean and in good order
- Leaves workstation clean and re-stocked
- Recycles products per policy and procedure.
- Accurately fills out sanitation and temperature logs and food service records as required. Informs person in charge when corrective action is needed
- Follows sanitation standards in compliance with all regulatory agencies including Harvard Environmental Health and Safety regulations
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively and respectfully with a diverse set of staff, management team and guests
- Complies with State of Massachusetts and Dining Services' "Food Employee Illness Policy".
- Represents HUDS to students, faculty, staff and guests in a positive and professional manner.
- Works to meet the mission and core values of Harvard University Dining Services with enthusiasm and a spirit of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have proficiency with the English language (speaking, reading and writing).
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be neat in appearance and comply with proper dress code as designated by HUDS.
- Some proficiency with kitchen tools and equipment without restrictions.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have strong multi-tasking skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and respectfully with a diverse set of staff, management and guests.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced diverse environment.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Minimum of six months work experience.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Relevant knife skills.
- Previous experience working in a University environment preferred.
- Must be able to routinely lift 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Continuous: lifting, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, walking, handling, bending, and push/pull.
- Occasional: climbing, squatting, and sitting.
Emergency Status Designation: Essential
Note: This job description may vary or change based on the needs of the business.
Harvard University Central Administration's commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is rooted in our belief in drawing on the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity. Our community strives to uphold these beliefs by honoring the rights, differences, and dignity of others and embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values. We aim to foster a campus culture where everyone can thrive, a key to which is ensuring that each of us experience a profound sense of inclusion and belonging.Job Function
Hospitality & Dining Services
USA - MA - Allston
230003 Ktchn/Chf Hlpr/PtWsr/Lndry/Com
21 - Hotel, Rest Emp Int Loc 26
Drug Testing, Education, Employment, Identity
This is a flexible schedule position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.