As a member of the FAS Human Resources Department and reporting to the Director of HR Programs and Operations, the FAS HR Department Administrator provides administrative leadership within the department and is responsible for the management of the department's administrative and financial operations.Job-Specific Responsibilities
Daily office operations
- Information technology (computers/phones/etc.) including annual computer refresh program, software updates, and equipment management;
- Provides state-of-the art working environment including proper ergonomics, fully functional and available printing and copying services;
- Facilities management and space allocation;
- Website content oversight in collaboration with the Programs' team;
- Manage HR LHTs, interns, and temporary employees (interview, hire, train, assign tasks, supervise, approve timesheets etc.)
- Event planning and community-building activities for the department (including quarterly staff meetings, summer outing, holiday party, etc.);
- Development of the FAS HR forecasts and budget
- Tracking and monitoring spending against the budget
- Financial reporting
- Advising leadership on spending priorities and limitations
- Oversee procurement and accounts payable
- Manage Aurora appointments for FAS HR staff
- Position management and PREP requests for the department;
- FAS HR datasets and production of analyses/projections (including service anniversary milestone reports, professional development reports, etc.);
- FAS HR staff onboarding and offboarding;
- Department payroll and absence management;
- Work with HR managers on CRF submissions
- FAS HR Job postings in Harvard Careers
- FAS HR local recognition programs
Management of special projects
- Collaborate with HR subject matter experts to provide project management support as needed. Examples might include planning for leadership transitions, work reallocation, HR new program implementation.
- Point of contact for operational payroll and finance projects (not compensation related); examples might include the implementation of processes/protocols related to new regulations or policies.
- Oversee special projects in collaboration with the Director of HR Programs and Operations. Examples might include implementation of Flexwork arrangements, developing a pilot for hoteling space for FAS HR, updating FAS 101 and other regularly used presentations, planning for department offsite meetings and follow up on FAS HR working groups.
- May be asked to participate in HR programming for FAS in collaboration with the Associate Director of HR Programs and Communications. For example, may include co-leading the Mentoring Program or other FAS training or recognition programs.
- Partner closely with the Executive Assistant to the Associate Dean on shared projects.
BA required with a minimum of five years progressively responsible administrative experience. In lieu of a degree, 7 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Financial background including budget management
- Proven ability in developing organizational systems and project plans
- Solid knowledge of HR and payroll regulations and systems with relevant experience
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the University and with external organizations
- Strong computer desktop applications and web management experience
- Demonstrated facility w/Microsoft Office including the ability to work with large data sets in Excel
- Working knowledge of financial charts of accounts and financial systems also preferred
- Working knowledge of web publishers (such as OpenScholar) preferred
- Prior supervisory experience desirable, but not required
Please provide a cover letter when applying for this position
We invite individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and abilities to be a part of our community
USA - MA - Cambridge
359057 Admin Dept/Program Admin
FAS Human Resources
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.