Assistant Director, Graduate Student Success (14947)
The Assistant Director of Graduate Student Success will manage all aspects of graduate student success across the College of Engineering’s 3900+ graduate students with particular emphasis on retention, career development, and support for award nominations/applications. Manage the strategy, development, and implementation of new programs and initiatives to meet identified needs. Develop and oversee promotional communications recognizing graduate student achievements. Serve as a resource for postdoctoral scholars, developing needed programs/resources. Assist with identifying and applying for external funding to support initiatives. Some graduate student recruitment may also be included in this position.
- A master's degree
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in University Administration, Student Recruitment, Student Services,Career Services, Event Planning, Human Resources, Education, Academic Counseling or Communication
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted (e.g., a PhD with a minimum of 2 years of experience).
- Ability to strategize, develop, and execute retention and professional development initiatives is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of graduate students, alumni, administrators, faculty and staff
- Essential skills include problem solving, organization, time management, customer service, creativity, and professionalism
- Must be comfortable learning and working with a wide range of technologies, databases, and software applications
- Must be highly motivated, self-initiating, and a team player
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make decisions under pressure from students, faculty, administrators, and staff
- A PhD with 2 years of related work experience
- A degree in Engineering or another STEM discipline, Education, Counseling, Communication, Management, or related field
- Experience working with graduate students at a major research university
- Experience developing and implementing retention and/or recruitment programming for diverse audiences
- Experience with promotional communications
- Knowledge of graduate programs in Engineering
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions immediately
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.