Director for Career Education & Internships/ Oxley Advisor
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
Reporting to the Dean of the Undergraduate College, the Director for Career Education & Internships/Oxley Advisor is a dual role which will 1) provide overall administrative supervision for students in internships and create and uphold career education/programming and 2) serve as an academic advisor and represent the Oxley Integrated Advising Program for an assigned group of students.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide advisement to potential student participants regarding the internship program
- Facilitate a section of the Internship Discovery Seminar and the Discovery Internship course.
- Maintain an updated list of current internship sites and contact information for on-site supervisors
- Develop relationships with organizations interested in Internship partnerships
- Disseminate information to students, faculty and staff regarding the internship program, including requirements, lists of internship sites and important deadlines for admission into the program
- Administer student internship contracts, maintain records and provide on-going supervision for student interns including visiting and resolving issues at internship sites
- Assist students with strategies to promote professional success through their internships
- Track completed internship site evaluations and develop processes to ensure the awarding of credit for the internship semester
- Develop systems and procedures to support the growth of the internship program
- Develop and sustain on-campus partnerships with faculty supervisors with regards to internships
- Disseminate information on College policies and procedures and stay abreast of changing institutional information including admissions requirements, new programs, course changes, deadlines, important dates, costs, expanding facilities, updates in college-wide initiatives, and state and federal mandates
- Work with students to develop academic goals and specific course plans for registration
- Manage a caseload of students for advisement and registration
- Serve as a liaison and foster relationships with other advisors, faculty and administrative departments
- Create and uphold a year-long programming series on career education
- Refer students to the appropriate offices for counseling, financial assistance, etc.
- For Oxley advisees, perform such duties as Exit Interviews, Probation Advisement, Return from Leave of Absence advisement, change of Major and/or Minor, Add/Drop or Withdrawal from courses advisement and other advising tasks as needed
- Actively promote and support the college by participation in other campus-wide recruitment activities (i.e. Accepted Students Day, Orientation), public presentations, and serving on boards and committees.
- Support the College mission based on value-oriented education, rooted in the Catholic tradition.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Career Education, Higher Education Administration, Counseling, Math,
- Science or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional Computer Skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate policies and procedures to students and interact effectively with faculty and staff.
- Familiarity with Banner, Self-Service, and EAB Navigate a plus
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references who can speak to your professional qualifications by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. Position will begin immediately.