JOB SUMMARY: Provides competency-based quality instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy and objectives of the College in classroom, lab and clinical settings. Assignment may include evening or off-campus teaching, individualized and/or competency-based instruction and/or online/distance learning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Teaches assigned courses in accordance with course competencies and syllabi. Develops and/or utilizes a variety of instructional strategies, techniques and delivery methods designed to meet the individual learning styles of students. Fosters a safe and civil learning environment. Develops and maintains current course syllabi and outlines; prepares lecture/lab and class materials. Informs students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies. Works collegially in an academic environment; participates in College and program projects, events, and committee work, including advisory committee activities and advising student organizations. Monitors, evaluates, and documents student attendance, progress and competency attainment; submits related reports as required. Maintains established office hours and is otherwise available to assist students outside of the classroom. Participates in the ongoing development and revision of curriculum and course materials and competencies, and in the selection of textbooks and other instructional materials/equipment. Advises students regarding their academic needs and refers them for additional assistance as needed. Promotes the College and the program and assists in recruiting and marketing the program to prospective students. Participates in professional development activities and stays current in his/her field.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s or Doctorate degree with a major in Nursing.
- 3 years clinical work experience related to teaching assignment. BCLS certification. Iowa RN license or ability to obtain prior to start of employment.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with populations having diverse values, and/or coming from varied cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to use and apply alternative instructional delivery systems to enhance learning.
- Experience in curriculum development and learning assessment.
- Lift Knuckle to Waist 20 lbs
- Lift Floor to Waist < 10 lbs
- Carry 20 lbs
- Push/pull horizontal < 20 lbs
- Push/pull vertical < 5 lbs up to 84 in
- Lateral Pinch
- Forward & Overhead Reach
- Neck Flexion, Extension & Rotation
- Fine Motor Coordination
- Hand & Foot Coordination
- Ability to be Mobile
Mobility accommodations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and determined by the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demand Category: Light