Records Management Specialist
Washtenaw Community College
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Other Administrative Positions
The Records Management Specialist will work in coordination with the department and end user staff to provide document management assistance, imaging services and archival assistance. This position is responsible for document imaging modules within the records management system and will also assist in the intake, operations and user support of the College Archives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, coordinate, prioritize, assign and monitor workload of all Records Management work requests.
- Responsible for overseeing part time staff scheduling, workload and work quality.
- Directly Responsible for all confidential and public records retrieval and return to storage requests including but not limited to Iron Mountain Storage.
- Collaborate with College Departments providing verification of document sequence indexing relative to specific departmental specifications.
- Analyze research and develop index methodologies and procedures per department requests and College standards.
- Assist Manager of Records and Information Management to broadcast communications to college staff and college faculty, relevant to The Office of Records Management.
- Train College staff in the use of records management systems by providing individual assistance, individualized and hands on training including scanner operations, document preparation and troubleshooting problems or errors.
- Work directly with Information Technology Services Training staff to architect and deliver effective document management skills training and documentation.
- Work with the end users to ensure that the data in the College’s information system is secure, accurate, accessible and appropriately documented.
- Work in coordination with department staff to ensure security and confidentiality of project documents and other sensitive information.
- Assist Manager of Records and Information Management to ensure that the data in the College’s document system is secure, accurate, accessible and appropriately documented.
- Perform system testing, diagnostics and analysis on data input and output to ensure the accuracy and integrity of scanning processes and document accuracy.
- Work directly with Information Technology Services staff to create and maintain end node installation routines and procedures for document management systems software and hardware.
- Under the direction of Manager, Records Management, analyze research and develop retention schedules per department and College standards, and state and federal regulations as required. Maintain retention and disposal schedules, and document inventory databases.
- Assist Manager of Records and Information Management in the Research and development of new scanning applications that are specific to the needs of College Departments and business processes.
- Provide assistance to the College staff on document destruction and on proper disposal of records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Document and preserve of the institutional history and events and provide assistance to patrons of the archives.
- Plan and oversee the execution of the inventory, cataloging, re-house, and arrangement of archival collections. This includes but is not limited to the Washtenaw Community College archives.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to maintain confidential information required. Must be willing to complete confidentiality training.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to prioritize and organize own workload.
- Ability to lift and move boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in education related field.
- Knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office applications and Imaging software.
- Experience with Banner and EMC Application Extender.
- Knowledge of and experience in scanning and/or production copying.