The Senior Controller is responsible for the direct supervision of all accounting functions in a multiple company environment. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly and quarterly close process, billing, collection of accounts receivable and supervising accounts payable. The Senior Controller is also responsible for creating and implementing policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. The Senior Controller will report directly to the Director of Finance.
- Manage accounting team in the monthly and quarterly closing process.
- Review monthly accounting close process and assist with analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Maintain fixed asset additions and depreciation entries.
- Coordinate all intercompany transactions.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis used by senior management and external users.
- Perform independent research and provide analysis of variances, trends, and unusual transactions.
- Manage the compilation and review process for the Organizations Audited GAAP Financial as well as special reports and analysis for regulatory agencies.
- Perform research and articulate GAAP accounting issues and document changes to Organization’s policy and procedures.
- Prepare financial statements analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual audit with outside CPA firm.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting plan.
- Supervise the billing of Student Accounts and Receivable Management.
- Supervise the accounts payable process and reimbursements to employees.
- Responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures adhering to best practice.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- C.P.A. is preferred, not required.
- 5+ years’ experience, Higher Education setting a plus.
- Experience managing and supervising accounting staff.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, able to maintain control and order.
- Familiarity with intercompany transactions and reporting.
- Understand GAAP and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience with Business Central Dynamics or Great Plains accounting software is a plus.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Stooping and bending the body downward and forward.
- Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Life, AD&D, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ambow Education USA does not provide employment sponsorship
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email a current resume and cover letter to HumanResources@baystate.edu. Please include Senior Controller and your full name in the subject line. No phone calls please.
About Ambow Education USA
Ambow Education USA has a mission to redefine the way higher education operates and services its community. Formed in 2020 following the acquisition of Bay State College (Boston) in 2017 and NewSchool of Architecture & Design (San Diego) in 2020, Ambow Education plays an integral part in the delivery of critical services to students, faculty, and staff.
The ever-changing landscape of higher education provides great opportunities to seek better ways to serve students, faculty, and staff. Ambow Education USA Shared Service is pursuing such opportunities to engage educational leaders from varied disciplines for their visionary, innovative, and strategic thinking to build a best-in-class shared service organization. Our goal is to deliver cost effective operational services, first class customer/user experiences and valuable insight into business performance.