Part-Time Stormwater Living Lab
Job Number: REQ_0000016608APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State University's Stormwater Living Lab is funding multiple student interns to work with Pennsylvania municipalities on stormwater management programs. These college-level internships are designed to give PSU students first-hand exposure to municipal-level stormwater management work and assist municipalities with their stormwater-related projects. Selected students will assist with a wide variety of stormwater-related projects including, but not limited to the following:
- Stormwater outfall mapping and inspection
- Site survey, basin inspection, monitoring, and light maintenance
- Public education and outreach activities including writing articles, stormwater instruction (virtually or in-person depending on Covid restrictions), website content, etc
- GIS-related activities
- BMP monitoring (water quantity, quality, soil, vegetation, wildlife, etc.)
- Conceptual stormwater design and visualization
Any current or recently graduated Penn State undergraduate or graduate students are eligible to apply. The positions are wage-based at the rates of $15/hour (undergraduate) and $18/hour (graduate). The duration and timing of the positions are flexible and could be discussed with the project lead Dr. Hong Wu (email@example.com).
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.