Financial Coordinator (Accountant II)
Posting Number: req6028
Department: Student Services Admin
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Student Services Administration is seeking an accountant to join our dynamic Office of the Provost Business Team. The ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys detailed financial analysis work, interacting with a variety of people and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position is responsible for submitting and reviewing financial transactions, supporting the development of departmental budgets, assisting in generating financial forecasts, providing oversight of Pcard transaction activity, reconciling accounts and assisting in various support needs for the department. This position will report to the Manager, Finance and Administration and join an established team of professional staff that support the Office of the Provost, and a variety of units focused on student and academic support for units that report to the Office of the Provost.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform departmental Purchasing Card reconciliations
- Prepare and or review financial transactions including; General Error Corrections, Salary Expense Transfers, Transfer of Funds, Distribution of Income, Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Expense reimbursements, Disbursement vouchers, Interdepartmental Billings, Cash Receipts, UA Foundation Gift Deposits and Disbursements
- Ensure transactions follow generally accepted accounting principles and University of Arizona and UA Foundation policies and procedures
- Advise department staff on University financial policies, procedures, institutional computing systems and provide required support to personnel
- Perform monthly account reconciliations utilizing University UAccess systems and monitors accounts available budgets consisting of designated, locally allocated, grant/contract, gifts and other funding sources
- Create new KFS accounts and process account closures
- Assist with annual budget process
- Process budget transactions (RBCs) and financial reports
- Create monthly and quarterly ad-hoc expense reports in UAccess Analytics to monitor detail expenses and/or provide supplemental financial information
- Coordinate and maintain record keeping and related activities with departments
- Maintain equipment inventory records for College and/or Departments
- Serve as a back-up for other Business Team staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- General knowledge and use of accounting principles
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Effective communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience with University systems such as UAccess Financials, Analytics and Employee
- Knowledge of University policies
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Finance
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $43,000-$49,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.