Part-Time Lab Attendant
Job Number: REQ_0000016489APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology seeks to hire a student to assist the prep room staff with the following job duties:
- Distribute supplies for lab classes and help keep labs stocked.
- Help with prep (i.e. tube labeling, aliquotting, dispensing liquid media into tubes and capping them, filling pipet tips, assist with washing glassware, cutting lab paper, wrapping items for sterilization, etc.).
- Clean up from labs, including cleaning of tubes, putting away supplies and equipment.
- Wipe down benches, pipettes and equipment after the lab.
Those students who qualify for Federal Work-Study should apply to job REQ_0000016677.
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
University Park, PA