Program Specialist - HSTA (Eastern Panhandle)
The West Virginia University Health Sciences and Technology Academy is seeking applications for a Program Specialist located in the Eastern Panhandle to serve Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan Counties. This position is responsible for developing, administering and promoting HSTA student clubs and programs, which are geared toward academic enrichment and community service in the regions where HSTA students reside.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Coordinate and assist with all HSTA club and community program activities.
- Travel to county schools on a daily basis.
- Assist or facilitate gathering resources necessary to carry specific project to completion.
- Coordinate networking of resources needed for program goals and assess the educational needs of communities.
- Advise students, parents, and teachers of program resources and goals, financial aid, health profession career opportunities, and access to higher education.
- Maintain regular contact with participating University faculty, HSTA teachers, public school administrators, parents and students.
- Assist the local governing board in preparing the program's policies, budget, and operating procedures.
- Write, design, and distribute promotional materials.
- Coordinate and write reports on the progress of the project.
Pay Grade: 16
- Master's degree in Business, Education, Counseling, Liberal Arts or a related field preferred or Bachelor's degree with two years of directly related experience.
- Six (6) months of experience in human service, education, social services, or a related field
- Thorough knowledge of school districts, health care providers, and other health education organizations in Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan Counties
- Leadership skills, including visionary, pro-active, productive, self-starting, positive thinking, and assertive
- Ability to plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate programs
- Budget management skills
- Willingness to drive state-wide
Valid driver's license
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2021
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes