The Human Resources Benefits Manager is responsible for updates to plan design, administration and maintenance of the faculty and professional staff benefits plans. The Benefits Manager is responsible for the management of college retirement plans including, pre-retirement planning for employees, plan documentation and updates. Benefits Manager administers all leave programs for employees.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Plan and collaborate with internal stakeholders on the design, implementation, communication and administration of the College's health and welfare programs. Ensure compliance with governmental regulations. Provide day to day administration of employee and retiree benefits, including working with third party vendors and partners.
- Manage the college's employee leave programs including Family and Medical Leave, Workers Compensation, Long Term Disability and other paid leave programs in accordance with college policy, state, federal and local laws.
- Oversight and management of the College retirement plan in accordance with IRS regulations and compliance with plan documents.
- Oversee annual audits of all college health and welfare plans and non-discrimination testing.
- Maintain up to date, accurate and accessible information regarding benefits for employees and retirees.
- Coordinate the annual health insurance renewal process. Plan, coordinate and communicate the annual Open Enrollment Process.
- Coordinate a comprehensive employee wellness program.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of experience managing health and welfare programs.
- Strong knowledge and experience managing FMLA, Workers' Compensation and Disability plans.
- Advanced MS Excel, Word and Google Suite skills
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software, preferably Banner
- Preferred experience using Cognos reporting, Qualtrics and Adobe Suite
- Strong analytical and program management skills
- Prior experience working in a higher education setting is preferred but not required
The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.