Administrative Assistant for Graduate and Professional Programs
Job Number: REQ_0000016344
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The School of Engineering Design, Technology, and Professional Programs (SEDTAPP) within the College of Engineering is searching for an Administrative Support Assistant to be filled at a Level 3. The role will provide administrative support to the department's graduate and professional programs.
The successful candidatewill be responsible for the following:
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective students, applicants, current students, and alumni
- Work collaboratively with graduate faculty, program leaders, and the school head to assess and serve the needs of graduate and professional students
- Maintain student records and process record changes, including grade changes, drop/add requests, missing grades, and course cancellations
- Monitor student degree progress and process graduate appointments
- Administer area policies and procedures and answer questions from students, faculty, and other University departments
- Support graduate and professional recruitment efforts, badging, events, and travel
This individual will be the first point of contact for the school's graduate and professional programs, with the administrative duties that include but are not limited to:
- Answering and screening telephone calls and emails
- Scheduling conference and classroom space
- Creating and maintaining files, databases, and reports
- Providing information and/or referring as appropriate
- Solving routine student-related issues
- Assisting with other administrative tasks
- Serving as a back-up to other staff, as needed
Education and Experience
This position typically requires a High School diploma or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.The position requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with academic support, knowledge of University policies, and familiarity with LionPATH, CollegeNET, and eSteward are preferred, but not required.
Cover Letter and Resume
Both a cover letter and Resume must be submitted to be considered for this position.
The following background checks must be successfully completed for this position:
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help themthrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.