Concessions Operations Manager
Job Number: REQ_0000016362
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Seeking a Hospitality ServicesManager1-Concessions Operations Managerfor the Bryce Jordan Center (BJC)Food & Beverage Department. The Bryce Jordan Center atPenn State Universityis thelargest University operated civic, sports, and entertainment venue, home of the Penn State Nittany Lions Men's Basketball team and Lady Lions Basketball team.Located in beautiful central Pennsylvania, a welcoming and engaged community diverse in population, social activities, nature, shopping, and education in a combined urban and rural environment.Under the general direction of the Food and Beverage Director, this position will create an exceptional customer experience for our300,000+ guests annually by producing outstanding food and guest service in all areas of theBryce Jordan Center'sConcessionsoperations.
Responsibilitiesinclude (but not limited to):
* Assisting the Director of Concessions in overseeing the daily operations of all concessions' locationsforthe BJC and surrounding areas.Manage, hire, train, coach, supervise, schedule, and evaluatea staff of technicalservice employees, wage supervisors and employees, and non-profit organizations.
* Purchasing and managing inventory using our inventory management software, FoodPro, as well as overseeing the distribution of product throughout the concessions' locations.
* Managing alcohol service provided by the Bryce Jordan Center food service operations by maintaining trainings of TEAM and RAMP for all employees, monitoring alcohol service during events, and ensuring that alcohol is handled and stored properly.
* Assisting with managing merchandise for concerts, including scheduling and Micros maintenance.
* Conducting appropriate personnel functions such as:
- Departmental orientation
- Alcohol and food service training
- Workday timekeeper
- Evaluations according to BJC policy and recommended procedure
- Assist the Director of Food & Beverage and Director of Concessions in obtaining financial goals by cost containment (Food Cost, Labor, and Supplies) and maximizing revenue by promoting internal services
- Assist BJC Management Team with monthly inventories, timekeeping, submittal of payroll for approvals, and event supervision
- Monitor andrecommend measures toimprove production/service methods
- Maintain University and departmental policies, procedures, and services to students, staff, and the public, as required
Thisjob will be filled as a level1.Typically requires a High School Diploma or higher and 4+ years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work under time and priority constraints, and a commitment to diversity and inclusion are required. NRA Serve Safe and RAMP Certifications or must acquire certification within six months of employment. Days off and shifts will vary based on business needs. This leadership position is eligible for Penn State's full benefits package including optional health and retirement plans, vision and dental plans, generous vacation and sick leave policy, and a 75% tuition discount for employees and defined family members.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.