Onboarding Specialist - Employee Data Management
The department of Employee Data Management in the Shared Services Center at West Virginia University is seeking applications for an Onboarding Specialist. This position is responsible for supporting the Shared Services Center by ensuring newly hired employees complete payroll processing and providing general guidance to the new hire, as needed. The Onboarding Specialist will be responsible for candidates completing I-9, direct deposit and other documents in a timely manner and aligned with the new hire's start date. This position's scope of responsibility applies to US Citizens and Permanent Residents. Non-Resident Alien's (NRA) new hires are referred to the Tax Services department for processing.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Support the onboarding process for new hires by responding to questions related to completing forms and documents in the WVU Taleo Onboarding process and for paper processing for non-Taleo hires.
- Provide instruction via phone, email, or in person to new hires to ensure proper I-9 completion.
- Assist new hire with Part B completion of I-9 and ensures all required documents have been obtained and meet compliance standards.
- Provide assistance to new hire with any onboarding system navigation questions.
- Obtain all required documents for Direct Deposit.
- Assist new hire with any basic questions regarding completion of forms.
- Secure assistance from appropriate workforce administration staff, or COE (talent and culture, tax services, payroll) for complex questions.
- Execute new hires from Taleo to Salesforce once needed documentation is provided.
- Scan any paper documents to secure N drive for Employee Data Management (EDM) staff to key.
- For non-Taleo hires, opens a case in Salesforce to alert EDM packet is in N drive and ready for keying.
- Provide general information regarding employee benefit enrollment navigation in onboarding module.
- Use professional and customer-focused approach to handle customer inquiries.
- Ensure privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive reports or information.
- Assist I-9 Coordinator with auditing of I-9 forms.
- Analyze the progress of newly hired employees through all stages and provides assistance where needed.
- Taleo Onboarding (reviews the multiple steps in Taleo and reaches out to assist with problem areas and works to resolve any technical issues that may arise. Anticipates issues and proactively resolves as needed)
- I-9 execution (Becomes the lead contact for providing federally required sensitive documentation through protected means of communication)
- State Direct Deposit documentation (Ensures that employee is aware, and provides, state required documentation in order to establish mandated direct deposit payments)
- Be the lead point of contact for any questions from the internal, and external, community as it relates to the process of getting established as an active employee with WVU, WVU Health Sciences and Research Corporation. This would be through inquiries via Salesforce, Requisition Store vanity account, direct email, phone calls, storefront walk ins and referrals.) and referrals.
- Coordinate annual mass onboarding of Medical/Dental residents. This will require detailed organization with multiple members of the HSC community.
- Coordinate annual mass onboarding of Americorp/Energy Express employees (400-600 new hires). This will require the training of site coordinators on the process and requirements.
Pay Grade: 14Qualifications
- Associates degree in Business, Human Resources, Industrial Relations. Public Administration, or a related field, or equivalent applicable work experience. (e.g. High School degree or G.E.D. and two years of administrative experience)
- Two (2) years of experience in the following:
- Customer service and or human resources office experience.
- Work experience with onboarding new employee's and completing I-9's is preferred.
- Knowledge of office methods, procedures and protocol, along with thorough knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Computer skills required using several applications: Microsoft Office, SalesForce, and other software used by unit, department or college to which assigned.
- Proven skill in interacting with the public.
- Considerable organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to learn and to apply effectively the policies, procedures and guidelines affecting the position and work unit to which assigned, as well as the institution.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Job Posting: Jul 15, 2021
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes