Donor Relations Officer
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Donor Relations Officer is a full-time professional position reporting to the Director of Donor Relations. The Donor Relations Officer is responsible for collaborating with the team and across the university on projects that meet the goal of creating and implementing a comprehensive donor relations program to promote interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. This position has primary responsibility for managing physical donor recognition and engagement projects. The Officer also supports donor relations programs and projects such as acknowledgments, loyalty societies, and stewardship reporting. The position will work closely with other departments within the Office of Advancement and across the university.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to the values of an institution of higher education Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. High attention to detail and to producing error-free work
- Moderate level of technological savvy. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
- Self-starter with the willingness and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools and software platforms
- Excellent organization skills. Ability to manage multiple demands and/or projects simultaneously
- High degree of professionalism and understanding of professional protocol. Ability to work independently while maintaining a close professional relationship with colleagues
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, handle pressure, and be flexible
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in donor relations, fundraising, or a comparable role with transferable skills including project management, writing, and/or data analysis
- High school diploma or equivalent and 8 years of experience in donor relations, fundraising, or a comparable role with transferable skills including project management, writing, and/or data analysis
- Experience working in a non-profit setting, preferably in an institute of higher education
- Knowledge of the basic principles of donor relations and the stewardship of philanthropic support
- Knowledge of and ability to use Adobe InDesign
- Experience using Advance donor management software or similar constituent relationship management platform for fundraising
This position is assigned to pay grade P2.25PREM. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.