Assistant Director - Cambridge Center
The Assistant Director reports to the Director and is responsible for staff functions in the Director’s absence. Responsible for serving as an on-site academic advisor, and works closely with the Director to ensure services and programs fit student needs. The successful candidate will be creative and a champion for student support and retention.
- Responsible for the Center’s daily staff functions in the Director’s absence. The successful candidate will be cross-trained on main office business functions, including application, registration and payment processing.
- Act as the academic and career advisor for Cambridge Center students. Assist students in career and pathway planning in degree programs, certificate programs, and adult basic education. Refer students to appropriate program directors and work closely with colleagues across the College to ensure student success.
- Work with both Cambridge and Wye Mills faculty and staff as necessary to promote underserved and general student population retention and to assist students with individual goal attainment.
- Work closely with the Director, serving as the onsite Student Conduct Administrator for the Cambridge Center, ensuring student conduct meets Chesapeake College standards and that applicable policies are enforced.
- Attend meetings as necessary on Wye Mills campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred. At least two years of supervisory experience required. Experience in educational systems or in an educational environment with direct student services preferred. The successful candidate will be a proven self-starter, work well within a team, show an ability to think strategically to complete daily and ongoing tasks, and be able to constructively communicate with the director to fulfill the Chesapeake College mission.