Billing & Reimbursement Specialist II
Location: New Orleans, LA
In accordance with the accepted standards and practices of physician billing entities, to represent the physicians of the Tulane University Medical Group in the realization of all appropriate reimbursement for medical services rendered to patients. Support the billing and collection activities under the direction of the Supervisor, Manager and/or Director. Work in association with all areas of the Tulane University Medical Group Business Services, partners, Tulane University Hospital and Clinic Staff, and other internal and external persons. Responsible for initial billing, claim follow up, resolution of rejected claims, claim edits resolution, handling of special accounts and keeping management informed of trends, updates and unusual or urgent issues. Promotes an environment of high productivity and job satisfaction; perform in a leadership role, provide assistance to team members when necessary.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with governmental billing rules and regulations and other third party billing.
- Experience with personal computers, word processing (micro soft office skills)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Well-developed judgment and decision-making abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 Years Experience in Physician's billing office
- Knowledge of group medical practice preferred
- Experience with compiling and analyzing data
- Knowledge of IDX physician billing software is a major asset
This position is assigned to pay grade B4.24. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on 07/30/2021
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.