Business Data Analyst
Kennesaw State University
Business and Financial Services
Job ID: 228628
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for data analysis and reporting assigned departments. Coordinates with departments and other University stakeholders to gather data, analyze trends, develop graphs and generate operational, analysis and/or financial reports, including but not limited to, functional reports, report interpretation and trend analysis. Coordinates proactive problem identification and resolution through data collection, upgrade reports and interpretation. Collaborates with others to create, analyze and interpret reports to make data driven recommendations to leadership for quantitative business decisions.
- Compiles standard and ad hoc reports per established guidelines and frequency
- Provides reports, analysis and data interpretation for all assigned departments
- Identifies areas of opportunity and presents findings and recommendations to leadership and
- Provides productivity analysis reports
- Develops and maintains reports to measure operational and/or utilization activity
- May be required to prepare ad hoc reports required of association affiliations and/or oversight
- and regulatory requirements
- Compiles recurring operational review that includes trend analysis
- May assists with departmental inventory reporting and analysis
- May be required to prepare ad hoc reporting that assists with measuring department
- performance and/or effectiveness
- Attends meetings with stakeholders to determine information and analysis needs
- Gathers data from an enterprise-wide database
- Organizes and cleans datasets
- Analyzes and assesses data to determine relevant information
- Creates and delivers reports of information in digestible and actionable format
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Two (2) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Certificate in Data Analytics
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Previous experience with data analytics, preferably in higher education
- Experience working with SAS Business Intelligence System and Banner Student Information System
- Education or work experience in Statistics or Information Technology
- Experience working with and maintaining confidential information
- Experience with the functions of a Registrar's Office, academic advisement or other university
- Student Services
- Knowledge of SAS and/or other data management software
- Able to utilize multiple SQL based software modules
- Able to learn how to use other database systems
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Strong data visualization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Proficient with the use of Excel pivot tables and data manipulation
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=228628&PostingSeq=1