Administrative Associate - Dean's Office, Statler College
The Dean's Office in theStatler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources at West Virginia University is seeking applications for an Administrative Associate.The incumbent will report tothe College Outreach Specialist. This position serves as the receptionist and telephone operator for the Statler College. This position will also provide administrative and secretarial support following established departmental policies, procedures and methods for the Recruitment/Outreach and Fundamentals of Engineering academic units under Academic Affairs. This position will report to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate:
For the Statler College
- Serves as first contact for visitors to the Statler College.
- Receives and greets visitors to the College, determines nature of visit, and directs visitors to the appropriate staff member or department and answers general questions of visitors.
- Provides logistical and administrative assistance for outreach, recruitment, and retention events.
- Provides logistical and administrative assistance for Statler College events, celebrations, and activities.
- Attends and assists with evening and weekend events.
- Provides support with financial deposits related to summer camps, Order of the Engineer and Pledge of the Computing Professional, and student conferences.
- Answers main telephone line for the Statler College, screens calls, transfers and routes calls to appropriate individuals, and communicates messages to faculty, staff and students.
- Issues parking permits to visitors of the College and maintains a log of permits distributed. Requests additional passes from the WVU parking office when the supply is low.
- Participates on college-wide committees.
- Participates in training and professional development to enhance job performance.
Academic Affairs (Recruitment/Outreach & Fundamentals of EngineeringProgram)
- Serves as the Card Coordinator for WV State Procurement Cards associated with Recruiting & Outreach. Ensures that all guidelines are followed, receipts are obtained, and transactions are reviewed, properly coded, and edited by the mapping date for each cycle for every card holder. Maintains receipts on all P-cards. Processes applications for new credit cards and maintains individual cardholder files. Communicates policy changes and proper use of the card to cardholders. Responsible for training all new cardholders within R&I and ensuring all requirements are met. Works with vendors and cardholders are questionable issues.
- Coordinates and assists with Recruitment/Outreach on Summer Camp registration, activities, and student or parent issues.
- Serves as the primary contact for Recruitment/Outreach to central administrative fiscal units including Business and Procurement Services.
- Maintains budgets for Recruiting/Outreach and for student organizations.
- Arranges travel for prospective graduate students to visit WVU and coordinates reimbursements.
- Assists with student orientation events.
- Arranges travel and purchases items for student organizations and ambassadors.
- Compiles reimbursements for travel and purchasing documentation for student organizations and ambassadors.
- Assists with event registration, arrangements, delivery, and follow-up as needed.
- Provides indirect administrative support to the Assistant Dean for the Fundamentals of Engineering Program.
- Provides indirect administrative for the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
- Provides logistical and administrative assistance for Academic Affairs and FEP events, celebrations, and activities, such as Welcome Week, EngineerFEST, FEP ENGR 101 Expo, Mid-Year Academy, and STEM Career Fair.
- Attends and assists with evening and weekend events.
- Adds outreach/recruitment events to the WVU calendar.
- Supports the Eugene V. Cilento Learning Center operation by monitoring supplies and facilitating student sign-out of supplies and project materials for use in the center as well as reserving, signing out, and opening the student work rooms as needed. Helps with the supervision of the faculty, staff, and students.
- Facilitates the hiring process for student hires in the Learning Center.
- Maintains the schedule for the STEM Zone (G19).
- Promotes positive and open communication and relationship-building within Academic Affairs and with other departments, internal and external groups, and other individuals.
- Accepts packages and deliveries.
- Distributes incoming mail to staff mailboxes.
- Stocks, orders and inventories supplies.
- Stocks and replaces toner and addresses service issues with the copier, fax machines, etc.
- Copies recruitment/outreach materials.
- Mails promotional materials for recruitment/outreach.
Pay Grade: 14
- Associates degree.
- Two (2) years of directly related work experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team dedicated to success and excellence.
- Proven skill in working with people to create a positive and welcoming environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Good keyboarding and computerskills.
- Organizational and time management skills required to manage multiple projects, reports, requests, and work load.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of office methods, procedures and protocol.
- Ability to learn and to apply effectively the policies, procedures and guidelines affecting the position and work unit to which assigned, as well as the institution. Knowledge of Statler College structure, majors, student organizations, and support services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
Candidates that apply must submit:
- Three (3) professional references
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visitgo.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities atcareers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 15, 2021
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes