Program Assistant - Property Management Office
The Property Management Office at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Temporary Program Assistant. This positionreports to the to the Property Manager of College Park ("CPark Manager") and will work at the will and pleasure of the CPark Manager and the Executive Director of Real Estate Operations. The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the smooth daily operations of designated University Apartments with a dedicated focus on the University Park community by providing and performing a broad array of assigned tasks and services, including, without limitation, the following duties listed below.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Managedaily activities of all aspects the property management of College Park, along with the Community Assistant, in general and specific building services functions. Shall arrange work shifts and schedule any special assignment as required to ensure all College Park requirements are met. Monitors budget of student employees, temp employees and PT/OT staff salaries in order to assist the Property Manager in budget planning and management.
- Assist theProperty Manager with interviews of Community Assistant applicants, making decisions on employment, counseling, and discipline. Job duties are not to be considered to exclude any work, which may cross tasks or other, assigned duties. Maintaining effective communication with the renters, other WVU employees, project partners, consumers as well as the public in general.
- Responsible for the stable and safe operation of College Park
- Submitwork order requests through the Facilities Service Desk database.
- Dispatchmaintenance/housekeeping personnel when conditions warrant in order to maintain safety of the tenants/facility.
- Maintainhousing database(s) with tenant information e.g. name, room type, contact information, etc.Processany waivers or exemptions against rent. Monitoraging report for delinquent accounts. Post damage and miscellaneous charges to tenants' accounts, e.g. electric, parking, additional rents, etc...
- Assesscharges to residents for unnecessary cleanup, damages, and repairs. Routinely monitors work order requests.
- Inspect apartments prior to residents moving in and at resident move out when contract ends. Periodically inspect occupied apartments for safety and security measures that are brought to the attention of management. Enforce contract, apartments, and University rules and regulations. Maintain contact with West Virginia University Police, and report issues, as appropriate.
- Send correspondence via email and/or typed letters to tenants notifying them of rent delinquency, violations, renewals, maintenance issues, etc. Initiates correspondence to remind or notify tenants in mass as needed. Sorts and distributes mail and packages as needed. Receives shipments of supplies as per WVU procedures and verifies accuracy. Oversee and manage mail sorting for College Park tenants.
- UseT-2 parking system to issue parking tickets at CPark parking lots and to process parking permits for tenants with parking leases. Keeps track of parking permits of tenants in excel spreadsheet and updates as needed.
- Shall coordinate, schedule, and be responsible for all aspects of move in/out.
- Complete room assignments in the StarRez database and notifies appropriate offices of changes needed. Createfinancial assessment information and all pertinent apartment fee charges information in StarRez in relation to established lease.
- Reviewaccounts in Banner as needed to assist tenants with understanding charges or to verify incorrect charging.
- Responsible for issuing keys to tenants, maintaining signature logs and key cabinets. Maintains coded key boxes on the exterior of the building for weekend tenant move in. Maintains code list and changes box codes as needed to ensure key security. Periodically audits key records and requests lock changes when necessary. Issues cubicle storage space/keys and maintains records of cubicle usage on spreadsheet Gene rates appropriate assessments for space rental.
- Coordinate and execute tenant events.
- Implement on and off campus marketing strategies for the purpose of advertising properties in maintaining goal of 100% occupancy. Serves as official University representative in contract/tenant negotiations and contract signing for apartment occupancy.
- Shall attend training classes, seminars, and conferences for general property manager and apartment management professional development; attend training to learn about new materials and techniques.
- Respondto emergencies as resident conflicts, injuries, utility outages, fires, or floods.
- Assistwith snow removal and other emergency situations. Will be required to assist in clean-up efforts during extreme conditions (ex: flood or extreme vandalism).
Pay Grade: 13
Length of Assignment:8.5 Months
- Associates degree in business related, hospitality or customer service field.
- One (1) year of leasing experience or in a leasing role and/or management role or real estate experience in higher education institutions, commercial real estate management, real estate consultation or property management of multi-use, multi-family buildings.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to provide analysis and support to assist in data-driven decision making.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional initiative, attention to detail, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Strong sales skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, listening and teaching skills.
- Strong organizational, leadership, analytical, interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Skillset for private and higher education apartment and mixed-use developments.
- Ability to understand diverse perspectives on complex issues and the ability to support data-driven decision making through data analyses skill set.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters.
- Knowledge of local leasing market.
- Works independently yet is team focused characterized by shared accountability.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, StarRez, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver's license.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 15, 2021
Posting Classification: Temporary
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No