Business Analyst--HIRING PURPOSES ONLY
Kennesaw State University
Business and Financial Services
Job ID: 228878
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Serves as the liaison between functional and technical teams by understanding and conceptualizing applications from each area's point of view. Responsibilities will include collecting requirements, creating business process diagrams, managing change management process, testing, and assisting with the implementation of new software applications to support the objectives of the Institution.
1. Interfaces with clients to define business processes, specifications, reporting needs, and functional requirements
2. Designs user interface mock-ups to effectively meet business needs
3. Documents system processes, functionality and recommends improvements as applicable
4. Assists with developing and maintaining user manuals and guidelines
5. Conducts meetings with end users and technical experts to clarify issues and gather requirements
6. Assists with devising test plans to ensure that the outcome meets the specified requirements and expectations of business users
7. Assists with managing scope creep and clearly communicating with business stakeholders of feasibility and effort analysis
8. Maintains an issues log and collaborates with appropriate teams to mitigate risks
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Four (4) years previous experience in business or systems analysis
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Strong IT business skills
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=228878&PostingSeq=1